Historic Photos of RPL
These two houses originally stood on the present site of Rockville Public Library. The white house was the home of Mayer Heath and was moved to
Orchard Street. The other, the residence of Crossley Fitton and later Frederick Swindell, was torn down.
RPL as it looked when it was opened in 1904. Notice the curved driveway and the house directly in back of the library.
The Main Reading Room – the Children’s section is behind the wooden divider.
The Circulation Desk with stacks in the back as it looked in 1904.
Miss G. Keating, RPL’s first librarian.
Bessie Beckwith, RPL Librarian from 1910-1912.