Passes to Area Attractions
The Friends of the Rockville Public Library purchase passes to a number of museums in the area that, depending on the museum, will provide visitors with either discounted or free admission for up to a specified number of people. The amount of the discount applied to the ticket cost varies according to the individual museum’s policy. You may now reserve the library’s museum passes online up to 30 days in advance. In addition, most museum passes are printed on demand as part of the reservation process – from your home or while at the library. Some passes must still be borrowed from and returned to the library. There is still a limit of one pass per day except for the Mark Twain House and the Harriet Beecher Stowe House, which may be taken together.
Click HERE to go to the online reservation and pass description page
The passes which must still be physically picked up at RPL are:
Connecticut Science Center (they provide coupons which must be picked up)
Connecticut State Parks & Forests Pass (they do not participate in the online program)
Mystic Marine Life Aquarium (they do not participate in the online program)
- Available to anyone with a valid adult RPL card
- Passes may be reserved up to 30 days in advance
- Limit of one (1) pass per day per family (except Mark Twain and Harriet Beecher Stowe Houses)
- Cannot be reserved in advance, you can call for availability and we will hold it for 30 minutes.
- 3-day checkout period using your library card
- Return to library’s lending desk, not in book drop or at another library
- $2/day overdue fine, up to $10 maximum
- Lost passes will be billed at the cost of the pass.