Rockville Public Library is committed to making library services accessible for all our users.
Library Handicapped Access
The Rockville Public Library is fully handicapped-accessible. This includes access to all areas of the building, and all collections and resources.
For People with Visual Impairments
- Large print books, both fiction and nonfiction, in the reading room of the library
- Audiobooks on the main floor
- A handheld magnifier is available at the Reference Desk for use in the library
- Large Print/High Contrast Keyboards Available on request.
For People with Hearing Impairments
- DVD films with English subtitles
- Closed caption DVDs.
For People with Limited Mobility
- Ramp at the back library entrance
- Automatic door openers at the back entrance
- Designated handicapped parking spaces in the lower parking lot
- Wheelchair accessible reference and circulation desks
- Elevator to all floors of the library
- Handicapped accessible restrooms
- Sit down catalog terminal that accommodates wheelchairs
Other Assistive Services
- Catalog assistance: staff librarians will check the online catalog, check the shelves, place holds and interlibrary loans for individuals whenever the library is open
- Staff will retrieve materials anywhere in the building. Just ask!
Books and Periodicals for People with Disabilities
- Books, videos, and other materials on disabilities in our online catalog
Websites on Disabilities
- Opportunity Works: Enhances the lives of people with disabilities through meaningful and gainful employment services.