Wireless Access is a free public service provided by the Rockville Public Library.
1. All relevant Library rules, regulations and policies apply, including but not limited to, the RPL Internet Access Policy .
2. The Library does not filter the content of wireless Internet access. The Library is not responsible for the content, accuracy or availability of any external sites linked to these pages.
3. Parents or guardians, not the Library or its staff, are responsible for the Internet information selected and/or accessed by their children. Parents may wish to supervise their children’s Internet sessions or purchase filtering software for their computer.
4. Wireless connections are not secure. Users should not transmit credit card information, passwords or any other sensitive personal or business information over the Library’s wireless network. Anti-virus and security protection are the responsibility of the patron.
5. The Library is not responsible for any loss of data, or for theft or damage to personal equipment or software.
6. Library staff cannot provide technical assistance on using the Library’s wireless network.
7. There is no guarantee that a wireless connection can be made or maintained.
8. The Library assumes no responsibility for any alterations or interference with a computing device’s configurations, operation or data files resulting from connection to the WiFi network.
9. The Library reserves the right to terminate a wireless Internet session at any time.
The use of the Wireless for the following activities is prohibited:
Spamming and Invasion of Privacy
Sending unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet using the Service or using the Service for activities that invade another’s’ privacy.
Intellectual Property Right Violations
Engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including, but not limited to, patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary right of any third party.
Obscene or Indecent Speech or Materials
Using the Rockville Public Library’s Wi-Fi network to advertise, solicit, transmit, store, post, display, or otherwise make available obscene or indecent images or other materials. The Rockville Public Library will notify and fully cooperate with law enforcement if it becomes aware of any use of the Service in any connection with child pornography or the solicitation of sex with minors.
Defamatory or Abusive Language
Using the Service to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
Forging of Headers
Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message.
Accessing illegally or without authorization, computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another system. This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity.
Distribution of Internet Viruses, Trojan Horses, or Other Destructive Activities
Distributing information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, or denial of service attacks or like matters. Also, activities that disrupt the use of or interfere with the ability of others to effectively use the Node or any connected network, system, service, or equipment.
Export Control Violations
The transfer of technology, software, or other materials in violation of applicable export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and Executive Orders.
Other Illegal Activities
Using the Service in violation of applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards, pirating software, or making fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services.