Curbside Pick-Up Service – NEW HOURS
Starting with September 8th, 2020, the service will be offered on Tuesdays (11:00 am – 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm) and Thursdays (11:00 am – 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm) windows for pick-up. Patrons are allowed to request up to five items from RPL’s collection at a time. Library staff members will wear face masks and gloves while processing requested materials to ensure patron safety. Please note that, for the time being, patrons will not able to borrow materials from other libraries or put items on hold. The procedure for ordering materials is as follows:
- Check to see if the items you want are available by going to https://rockvillepubliclibrary.org/ and entering the title or author in the search bar at the top-right corner of the screen (or by going directly to the catalog page). Alternatively, patrons may ask for up to five books on a certain subject, like gardening, dinosaurs, or baking, or request books from different genres.
- Choose how to request your items from the library:
- By phone: Call the library at (860) 875-5892 ext. 100, between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday, Wednesday, or Friday with your list of items and your 14-digit library card barcode number. If, for some reason, you cannot get through, then leave a message with your name and phone number and we will return your call as soon as we can.
- By email: Email library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the title and author of the item, your 14-digit library card barcode number, your phone number, and your preferred pick-up time (morning or afternoon).
- Upon receipt of your order, materials will be collected, checked out on your library card, and placed in a bag with your name on it.
- Next, a library staff person will call you to arrange for a pick-up time during the morning or afternoon window in 15 minute increments. *Please note that due to COVID-19 limitations the Library cannot guarantee same-day pick-up.
- Library staff will place the bag of items, bearing the patron’s name, on a table outside of the back entrance of the library.
- Once the library staff member has re-entered the library, patrons may exit their cars and pick up their bundle of items. Patrons are expected to follow social distancing procedures while picking up materials.
- When you have finished with your items, please place them in the book drop only, not at library entrances or curbside pick-up tables. The book drop will be emptied periodically and materials will be quarantined for one week before they are checked in. Late fees and fines have been temporarily suspended.
If you have any questions about this service, please email email@example.com or call us at 860-875-5892 ext. 100. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we venture to provide alternative ways to service our community during extraordinary times. Any updates or changes in service will be posted on the library’s website and Facebook page.