The Rockville Public Library will reopen to the public Wednesday, September 9, 2020, with expanded curbside pickup of library materials, newly installed computers and procedures to ensure patron and staff safety.
“The Rockville Public Library is a critical part of our community and I am delighted it is reopening to provide our residents additional access to the many resources it has to offer,” Mayor Daniel A. Champagne said. “Most importantly, we have taken steps to keep patrons and staff safe as we continue to move forward with our reopening and recovery efforts.”
1. Visit by appointment: We ask that patrons make an appointment, by phone or email, for a half-hour time slot between 10 am and 3:30 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The reservations are intended to ensure visitors to the library can meet social distancing and current public health guidelines.
2. Public spaces: During the first phase of the library’s re-opening plan, the mezzanine, children’s room and community meeting spaces will be closed to the public. Staff will be happy to fetch materials from these areas for patrons.
3. Computers: New computers, purchased as part of the town’s capital improvement program, have been installed and can be reserved when making an appointment. To ensure proper distancing, we will make 4 computers available at a time. Patrons who need additional computer time can make special arrangements with library staff.
4. Personal Protective Equipment: Masks must be worn by all patrons entering the library for the duration of their visit. Hand sanitizer will be made available for patrons as they enter the building.
5. Curbside pickup: Curbside services have been a hit! We will continue to offer this service on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The hours for this service will be expanded and are now: Tuesdays between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm and Thursdays between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm and 6:30 pm.
In the meantime, we encourage you all to take advantage of our curbside pick-up services. You can browse new arrivals by genre, by checking out our WOWbrary page here.
If you have any questions, feel free to email library staff.
FOR INFORMATION ON CURBSIDE PICK-UP – CLICK HERE